Parent & Family Links
Family Literacy Guide
- NYCDOE School Library Services' guide to supporting reading in your home
- Available in English, Arabic, Bengali, Chinese, Haitian-Creole, Korean, Russian, Spanish, Urdu
World Read Aloud Day
On March 9, 2011, we hosted a Read Aloud Workshop for our parents and caregivers.
BPC Birthday Book Club
- Nothing is better than a book and a hug!
- Say, "Happy Birthday!" to your child and support her or his literacy at the same time.
- Purchase a book to add to our library collection. Each book or novel will have a special nameplate on it, celebrating your child.
- Each birthday boy or birthday girl in the Birthday Book Club will have his or her picture displayed in our library, on our special Birthday Bookclub
- If you would like, your child can also be photographed and featured on the Birthday Page of our library website (No last names will be included for privacy purposes).
- Sign Up Your Child or Children Today
Online Resources to Help You & Your Child
- Homework Help for Parents
- Kids can chat online with teachers Mon. - Thurs., after school
- Learn how to keep your child healthy and happy
- Picture books with gay families
- Picture books about donor, in vitro families